MENASHA CORPORATION CANDIDATE INTERVIEW GUIDE
How Our Interviews Work
Our interviews are conversational and consist primarily of behavioral type questions. Below are some helpful tips to prepare you for success.
What Is a Behavioral Interview?
A behavioral interview focuses on questions that allow you to share specific examples of how you have demonstrated certain behaviors, knowledge, skills and abilities. We recommend thinking through past project examples ahead of time and rehearsing so your answers are polished.
5 Commonly-Asked Behavioral Interview Questions:
- Tell me about a time you worked on a challenging team project.
- What is your most recent accomplishment at work and what made it successful?
- Tell me about a time when you took a leadership role and what was the outcome?
- What was the most complex problem you had to solve and how did you approach it?
- Tell me about a time when you worked with someone who had a very different personality than you.
Answer Behavioral Interview Questions in the STAR Format:
S = Situation. What was the problem that needed to be solved? Be as specific as possible.
T = Task. What did you need to do to solve it?
A = Action. Identify the specific steps you took to reach the goal.
R = Result. Report the final outcome. This is the time to talk yourself up. Take credit for what you accomplished, and if you can highlight multiple positives, even better!
Preparing for Your Interview:
- Research the company and ready yourself to answer company-specific questions to better understand our industry, customers, products, and values.
- Review the job posting to make sure you understand what the position entails
- Dress for success and arrive 5-10 minutes early.
- Review your resume and develop multiple talking points about your past experiences.
- Prepare some questions of your own. Remember, an interview is not one-sided. Ask questions to help you learn more about us and the role you are considering.
- Don’t be afraid to pause to collect your thoughts before answering a question.
- Remember—you are interviewing us just as much as we are interviewing you. Use this interview as a chance to learn as much as possible about our business, work, people and values while you’re here. Relax and enjoy the conversation!
Tips for a Video Interview:
Video interviewing allows us to efficiently connect you with our managers located all over the world. We use Zoom to conduct video interviews.
- Check your technology in advance to familiarize yourself with your device, webcam and microphone.
- Prepare your surroundings. Think about lighting and what’s in the background.
- Don’t forget to make eye contact and smile.
**If interviewing onsite, you may be asked COVID-19 related questions, have your temperature taken, and/or need to wear a mask.